Description: Sudocrem – Antiseptic Healing Cream – 125g is a licensed medicine that is clinically proven to help a baby’s delicate skin, by soothing, healing and protecting and works in three simple ways: an emollient soothes sore or inflamed skin; its ingredients are recognised for their healing properties; and a mild local anaesthetic helps to ease pain and irritation. One of the UK’s most popular nappy rash creams, it is also suitable for minor burns, cuts & grazes, acne, bed sores, eczema, and sunburn.
- Provides gentle yet effective relief from cuts, grazes and minor burns.
- Heal wounds by forming a protective layer over the vulnerable area,
- reducing the risk of infection
- Contains a mild local anaesthetic to soothe discomfort
- Nappy rash cream is also excellent for treating skin conditions such as acne.
- Soothe and heal while protecting the affected area from further infection.
- Can be used to calm, soothe and heal eczema and other skin conditions.
Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream has been mum’s simple, effective ally for over 80 years and is great for soothing sore skin and treating nappy rash. Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream is versatile enough to be used by the whole family for all of life’s little dramas and can help with so much more than just treating babies’ bottoms!
Cuts, grazes and minor burns
Sudocrem provides gentle yet effective relief from cuts, grazes and minor burns. It helps to heal wounds by forming a protective layer over the vulnerable area, reducing the risk of infection, and also contains a mild local anaesthetic to soothe discomfort.
Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream is a nappy rash cream, but did you know it is also excellent for treating skin conditions such as acne. Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream helps to soothe and heal while protecting the affected area from further infection.
Eczema is a dry skin condition that affects many children and adults. It may cause cracked and sore skin that can be painful and difficult to keep hydrated. Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream can be used to calm, soothe and heal eczema and other skin conditions. The unique formula works like this:
- Anhydrous hypoallergenic lanolin is an emollient, soothing and softening skin, while zinc oxide reduces the loss of fluid.
- Benzyl alcohol has local anaesthetic and antiseptic properties, helping to reduce discomfort.
- A water-repellent excipient base, including paraffin and other waxes, creates a protective seal.
When to use?
Sudocrem is your simple, effective ally. It is a gentle, effective treatment for the symptoms of nappy rash and other types of skin complaints and can be used to heal, soothe and protect. So you can feel confident that you’ve made the smart choice for you and your family.
Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream is a licensed medicine that can be used to treat existing nappy rash. If your baby develops the symptoms of nappy rash then apply Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream to the affected area at every nappy change to soothe and heal your baby’s skin.
Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream can be used to treat a number of skin conditions including:
- Minor burns
- Bed sores
Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream is gentle, so it won’t sting on application. It can reduce the risk of infection and contains a mild local anaesthetic to soothe pain. It also helps a wound to heal and forms a protective barrier over the vulnerable area. In other words, it’s a very useful little tub to keep around the house!
HOW TO USE?
Apply Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream to help treat and heal existing nappy rash and soothe your baby’s skin.
- Ensure your baby’s bottom is clean and dry.
- With clean and dry hands, place a small amount of Sudocrem on the tip of your finger. Remember, a little goes a long way.
- Gently massage the cream into the skin using light, circular movements. Try to avoid rubbing, especially if the skin looks sore.
- Try to create a thin, translucent film on the skin. If white cream is still visible then you may have used too much (don’t worry, your baby will be fine, just remember to use a little less next time).
Repeat these steps until the rash has cleared.
Other uses – from minor sunburn to cuts and grazes
- Ensuring your hands are clean and dry, place a small amount of Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream on the tip of your finger
- Gently massage the cream into the affected area using light, circular movements
- Try to create a thin, translucent film on the skin. If the white cream is still visible then you may have used too much (this is ok, just remember to use a little less next time).
The Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream formula has remained unchanged since 1931. A unique blend of ingredients gives Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream its soothing and healing properties. The key ingredients in Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream are:
- Zinc oxide, which reduces the loss of tissue fluid
- Anhydrous hypoallergenic lanolin, an emollient which soothes and softens skin
- Benzyl alcohol, which has local anaesthetic and antiseptic properties that help to reduce discomfort.
How much Sudocrem should I put on?
Less is more and with Sudocrem a little goes a long way! Only apply a small amount in a thin layer and massage in small circular movements until the Sudocrem has disappeared leaving a translucent film. If the area looks white afterwards, put a little less on next time.
I have heard nappy rash creams may clog nappies, making them less effective – does this happen with Sudocrem?
If Sudocrem is applied correctly (a small amount, applied thinly), there is no evidence to suggest that it will affect a nappy’s ability to absorb urine.
What is Sudocrem?
Sudocrem has been mum’s simple effective ally for over 80 years. We’re the market leaders in helping to soothe sore skin and treat nappy rash, Sudocrem products are used by millions of healthcare professionals, mums and dads everywhere.
Sudocrem soothes, heals and protects your baby’s delicate skin and works in three simple ways:
- It contains an emollient that soothes sore or inflamed skin.
- It works as a mild local anaesthetic to help ease pain and irritation.
- A water-repellent base forms a protective barrier, helping to stop any irritants (urine and faeces) coming into contact with the skin.'
Who makes Sudocrem?
Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream is manufactured in Ireland by Forest Tosara Ltd.
What are the ingredients?
Zinc Oxide Ph. Eur., Benzyl Alcohol B.P., Benzyl Benzoate B.P., Benzyl Cinnamate, Lanolin, Purified Water, Liquid Paraffin, Paraffin wax, Beeswax, Micrcocrystalline wax, Sodium Benzoate, Linayl Acetate, Propylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Butylated Hydroxyanisole, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Lavender fragrance.